Team Geelong’s beautiful filly needs a name and this one is up to you!
Help choose the racing name for Geelong’s Not A Single Doubt X Countess Dehere, trained by leading Victorian trainer / Geelong Local Troy Corstens and be in the running to win a $213 Pre-Paid Card.
Why am I suggesting names for this horse?
From day one of miRunners’ existence, it has been about the collective power of the public and the racing community.
On top of making racehorse ownership affordable, everyday Australians have been involved in naming miRunners’ first five horses, Saganaki, Not A Royal Doubt, Shezawitness, Zoushack and Lyrical Girl as well as designing the miRunners racing silks.
Allowing the public to submit names for the next horse is a continuation of our commitment to making racing affordable and enjoyable to those previously locked out of participation.
Please note that while everyone can submit a name, you need to be an owner to vote for the winning name.
How do I name Team Geelong’s thoroughbred? Entry is super simple!
- Click here to go to the Facebook post
- Type your suggested name in the comments
- Entries close 6:00pm Monday 11 February 2019
After the public nominations, the most creative entries will be shortlisted based on Racing Australia’s naming regulations. After we have sold units and before she races, the shortlisted names will then be voted on by the owners of Team Geelong’s Not A Single Doubt X Countess Dehere.
If your name is the winning entry, not only will you be able to see and hear your chosen name around the track, you will receive a pre-paid Visa card for the amount of $213 (the amount needed to buy into Team Geelong’s Not A Single Doubt X Countess Dehere plus your first month of fees.)
The winning entry will be determined based on how much the nominated name reflects, or links to, the essence or presence of Geelong. Creativity is the key!
Following the naming stage we will be moving onto choosing colours and designing Team Geelong’s silks – stay tuned!
Don’t miss out on all the owner benefits. Buy now!
Read what our 2200+ owners have to say about miRunners and their unforgettable journey here.
Benefits of ownership:
- Ownership of a thoroughbred trained by one of Australia’s best trainers
- Certificate of ownership
- Weekly video updates from the trainer
- Opportunities to meet your horse
- Choosing your horse name
- Pro-rata share in prize money won
- Pro-rata share in sales proceeds at end of career
- Likelihood of a private area to watch your horse race
- Emotional connection in a premium thoroughbred horse
Exclusive benefits of ownership in our Geelong Community Thoroughbred:
- Choosing the colours and design of your silks
- The opportunity for exclusive Geelong branded merchandise
- Additional Geelong Racing Events